About the job
Be part of something revolutionary
We have a vision. Our Digital Brain, o9’s AI-powered platform, is being used by global enterprises to drive their digital transformations. The integrated planning and operational efficiencies we provide is helping businesses do more, be more and mean more to the world at large. Because businesses that plan better, reduce waste, creating value for themselves and the planet.
But we also have a vision for our people. We want the most talented, committed and driven people to power our transformative approach. In return, we’ll provide a nurturing environment where you can be a part of something special.
What you’ll do for us…
- Analyze problems by synthesizing complex information, evaluating alternate methods, and articulating the result with the relevant assumptions/reasons
- Apply a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, regression, ensemble learning, neural nets, time series, optimizations etc.) to their real-world advantages/drawbacks to develop or optimize planning solutions
- Actively monitor, validate, root cause and tune statistical, time series, ML, optimization models
- Optimise, scale & deploy ML models using o9’s open big data cloud platform
- Evaluate/test additional data streams, parameters, algorithms to enhance models post go-live and develop new models to improve existing ones
- Responsible for solution usability and uptime by resolving any customer issues in a timely fashion, ensuring accuracy of inputs and outputs
- Identify any design issues in the existing model and co-ordinate with other o9 consultants and data scientists to solve the business problem. Be the single point of contact for any platform level upgrade/patch/hotfix.
- Work with customer data science teams and support Super User and End User training, for a global user base.
What you’ll have…
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in the field of Data Science and Analytics. Data Scientist or Sr Data Scientist will be decided based on experience, knowledge, and interview performance.
- Strong programming skills and experience in using Python and/or R for Data Science
- Strong analytical techniques, data mining knowledge and proficiency in handling and processing large amounts of data is needed
- Deep Knowledge of statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Experience in maintenance and/or building of scalable ML frameworks by identifying and collecting relevant input data, feature engineering, tuning, and testing.
- Nice to Have:
- Experience in time series forecasting in scale using heuristic based hierarchical best-fit models using algorithms like exponential smoothing, ARIMA, prophet and custom parameter tuning
- Experience in applied analytical methods in the field of Supply chain and planning, like demand planning, demand sensing, supply planning, market intelligence, optimal assortments/pricing/inventory etc.
- Experience with SQL, databases and ETL tools or similar is optional but preferred
- Exposure to distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, or related Big Data technologies
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow or PyTorch is preferable but not essential
- Experience in implementing planning applications will be a plus
- Understanding of Supply Chain Concepts will be preferable
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or related field
- Skills: Strong presentation and communications skills
- We really value team spirit: Transparency and frequent communication is key. At o9, this is not limited by hierarchy, distance, or function
What we’ll do for you…
- Competitive salary
- Exposure: Work with the biggest brands in the world in an international environment
- Enjoy yourself: Unlimited paid time off.
- Flexibility: Work from home two days a week. Get up a bit later, skip the commute and put the time back into your deadlines.
- Get social: When we work from home, we play from home with fun after-work activities like Friday Socials. If you’re in the office, feel free to join these events in person.
- Food and drink: Enjoy healthy snacks, fresh fruit, teas and coffees on us.
- Flat organisation: With a very strong entrepreneurial culture (and no corporate politics).
- Support network: Work with a team you can learn from and every day.
- Diversity: We pride ourselves on our international working environment.
How the process works
- Apply by clicking the button below.
- You’ll be contacted by our recruiter, Puja, who’ll fill you in on all things at o9, give you some background about the role and get to know you. They’ll contact you either via video call or phone call – whatever you prefer.
- You may be required to take an online data science test
- During the interview phase, you will meet with technical panels for 60 minutes. The recruiter will contact you after the interview to let you know if we’d like to progress your application.
- We will have 3 rounds of Technical discussion followed by an HR discussion
- Our recruiter will let you know if you’re the successful candidate. Good luck!
More about us…
With its recent Unicorn status, o9 Solutions is one of the fastest growing AI-powered digital transformation companies in the world today. Our high energy environment drives us to grow and aim 10x. It’s this drive that has made us leaders of Gartner’s S&OP Magic Quadrant.
The o9 platform, or “digital brain”, is the premier AI-powered, cloud-based platform behind the digital transformations of major global enterprises. These include Google, Walmart, and Starbucks, among others.
Our headquarters are located in Dallas, and we currently have offices in Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, Paris, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Seoul.
o9 is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds and hires without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.